Monday, June 11, 2007

Getting Started

Well, I'm finally taking the leap and starting a blog! I've been meaning to do this for some time, but just haven't been in the mood to take the initial steps. So here I am with my own little space on the web. So what's am I going to talk about. Well...

I'm an educational technologist at a medium-sized private school in Texas. We work with children who have learning differences (primarily language disorders). Two years ago we started a One-to-one laptop program with our Middle and High School student. Basically, the school provides a laptop with a variety of software to those students. For the younger students, we have several mobile computer labs (laptops in carts) as well as fixed computer labs and computers in our libraries. We've also been progressively adding SMART Boards around the campus.

My responsibility is to coordinate and provide technology training during in-service and any other chance I can get and to provide curricular support to teachers integrating technology into their classrooms. I suppose my purpose in publishing this blog is really to share what goes on in this exciting environment and perhaps get some feedback from others who are doing the same things or are considering any of the technologies we're using.

So stay tuned. I've got a lot of exciting things going on this summer and it should be interesting!

No comments: